Friday, February 10, 2012

I think I've turned my husband into a vegetarian...

 It was 19 years ago when Jack in The Box had an e coli breakout. A young boy died from eating meat.   I was 11 at the time, so this really freaked me out. I wasn't a huge meat eater, but I would enjoy eating a  burger here and there. Well, not after the Jack in The Box episode, I immediately stopped eating meat because I didn't want to die! Being 11, that's how I wrapped my brain around it. Don't eat meat, and you wont die. Made sense to me! :)
I usually do the cooking in our house, and the grocery shopping. I never buy meat, and Nick is perfectly okay with it. He knows that I wont touch it, cook it, or buy it. Of course if he really wanted a piece of meat from the store,  I would grab it for him, he would just have to cook it. But, for the most part meat never makes it on my weekly shopping list. I actually think we save money on our grocery bill, which is always a plus! I'm so grateful that Nick enjoys my vegetarian dinners, I don't know what I would do if I married a 'meat and potatoes' kind of guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment