Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Chalkboard

I will be the first to admit, I am not very crafty. But if I can make this, so can you!

Go to your local thrift shop to purchase a glass framed picture (you can do this on a mirror too). Your picture can be big or small depending on what size you would like your chalkboard.



My precious little picture



Notice the money I saved by going to a thrift shop...



Then you will need to purchase some chalkboard paint. I prefer spray painting over paint brushing it on.
I applied three coats (allow each coat of paint to dry before applying the next layer) just to make sure I ended up with a nice thick chalky finish.





Lay it out to dry




My finished masterpiece!
So fun to have around the house for grocery lists, reminders, love notes, or for your kids to draw on!











No comments:

Post a Comment